TD Ameritrade’s newest office is housed in a brick building in the heart of Ann Arbor’s historic pedestrian-friendly downtown known for its thriving restaurants, cafes, shops, bookstores and entertainment venues. The new office features an open workspace designed to create a collaborative environment, as well as walk stations and state-of-the-art video conferencing. And for employees in need of a break, there’s a break room outfitted with Xbox, Wii and foosball.
A quintessential college town, the Ann Arbor office is just steps away from the University of Michigan, one of the top ten public colleges in the U.S. Ann Arbor is also known for its outstanding elementary, middle and high schools. It’s also frequently named as one of the most admired American cities for its livability and affordability, as well as for its progressive green initiatives – from its hybrid bus system and Great Lakes conservation efforts to the city’s solar plan, which went into effect in 2009.
Travel & Leisure magazine featured Ann Arbor on its “America’s Greatest Main Streets” list and Livabilty.com included it on its list of the “100 Best Places to Live.” It has also appeared on a host of other “Best” lists. Ann Arbor has lots of activities for singles and families.
- The Huron River offers canoeing, kayaking and fly-fishing
- Ann Arbor has over 300 restaurants (more per capita than New York City!), and Midwest Magazine named it the 3rd Best Midwest Food Town
- Golf courses are plentiful; there are more than 20 public golf courses and 10 private or semi-private courses within a 15-mile radius of downtown Ann Arbor
- Vibrant creative community with many theatre, music, comedy and visual art venues
- Big summer events include Ann Arbor Summer Music Festival (held in June) and the popular Ann Arbor Art Fair (mid-July)
- Lake Michigan located just two hours away, has miles of coastline for beach enthusiasts as well as water sports
- Sports teams include: Detroit Tigers, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Red Wings, and the Detroit Lions